A woman is not just someone who wears high heels, knows how to wear a make up and visits spas. A real woman is a person who cares about lots of different spheres of life, which include not only fashion, style, design, music, cinema, parties, celebrities and gossips. But also charity, animals, literature and arts, politics, family and friends, fitness and health, traveling, romance and sex and many many other aspects of our lives. This woman may be called brilliant. If you know yourself as a such one, then welcome to the diamond club.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crazy two weeks. Part I

Good evening friends,
I must confess that I feel somehow ashamed for keeping silence that long. But you must forgive me that as these 2 weeks have been really crazy for me. And, well, of course I didn't really think about sitting down and writing to you. Tonight I feel like I have to tell what has happened to me during this time.

First of all, as some of you know due to my tweets in Twitter.com, these two weeks in a row I went to the seaside. During the first trip which I took with my parents, my brother that is visiting me here, my brother's friend and a son of one of my girlfriends, the time went by peacefully, and because of the unusual company, the trip seemed to be good. But on the third day the guys found on the beach a green sea turtle. The poor creature should has been wounded by fishers to whom it might has fallen into fishing nets. The turtle had a really big wound in her head and seemed that her left paw (if you let me call it so) was dislocated. The moment my brother and his friends saw the turtle, some of the local workers were ready to take the poor thing to the kitchen and prepare a soup!.


Of course we didn't let them do such a thing. And brought this turtle to the club where we have a small apartment on the beach. As I had nothing else to do that day, I've spent most of it near that creature. I just knew she's still alive because her eyes were opened. I'm blushing to tell you, but everytime I see an animal, I'm talking to it. It might look silly from the side, but I love animals so much that this doesn't really bother me. 


So I've been sitting near the turtle and was talking and talking to her, as I thought she's about to pass away. After about 2 hours spent with my knees on the sand (feeling nothing much without moving), I was kind of shocked. Yes! Because the turtle suddenly made quite a sharp movement towards me, with her neck extended and slightly opened beak, it was quietly hissing. The first and instinct thing was to get as far from the turtle as possible. Well, of course, despite of that sudden move, we all know that turtles are usually slow creatures. Though I must say that I've never had any little one at home as a pet, and only few times viewed these sea green turtles on the beach (most of which were dead by the moment). So really I have no real knowledge how to act with these animals. When my dad saw how the turtle acts with me - these moves became pretty frequent btw - he told me, that probably it's talking to me, well, the way the turtle can. Of course, I didn't really think it was so. To my mind the turtle was just trying to make me understand that it's tired of my company and wishes me to leave it alone... However, I went to the apartment and tried to find smth about sea turtles. And so I found out that my dad was actually right: the turtles really extend their necks towards a person if he talks "gently" with them; and try to hide their heads on the opposite situation. Honestly, I felt much better after I read this!


Then, I found that these creatures are not predators, and that they dont eat meat. So we tried to feed "her" (with my mom we decided to think the turtle is a female :) with some green apple. For sure it was very exciting - expecialy if you imagen that in the internet I didn't find any instruction for that case... But the most exciting thing was that "our girl" actually liked it!.. Yes! It was amazing and so strange to feed this quite big animal.
Well, we've spent 3 days with our new "pet", during which we really saw the turtle getting better and better. Frequently men (as "she" was really heavey - I couldn't lift "her" up) took the "girl" to swim to the ocean :) The turtle was swiming, but was still too weak to make it to the deapth itself. I've found that these sea creatures can live with wounded heads for quite a long period of time, so each day we were glad to find "her" alive in the morning. And we all thought that we are doing great job! But then we had to leave to the city, and of course there was no way to take our "girl" with us. So we left the turtle with our neighbors (an ukrainian family), as we knew that we'll come back to the ocean in a week.

Unfortunately, at that time I didn't know yet that the first part of the "operation on turtle rescue" will be the last one and the next journey to the beach will be awfully sad :(

Elegantly yours,
Olya Nikol P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Any reaction is better than nothing, I appreciate if you don't leave me with nothing:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...