A woman is not just someone who wears high heels, knows how to wear a make up and visits spas. A real woman is a person who cares about lots of different spheres of life, which include not only fashion, style, design, music, cinema, parties, celebrities and gossips. But also charity, animals, literature and arts, politics, family and friends, fitness and health, traveling, romance and sex and many many other aspects of our lives. This woman may be called brilliant. If you know yourself as a such one, then welcome to the diamond club.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Art That Brings Joy

Good day, dears,
Here is a little story I'd like to tell you,
When I was a little girl, I once found a big but thin book on the book shalves in my grand parents house. I opened it and I saw a lot of different pictures drawn in pencil. No colors, only black lines of white background... Men, women, children, animals... no words! Literally: there was nothing to read!.. I was very little that time, and though I was turning and turning pages with the drawings, I didn't understand much in this book-album. I asked my granpa to explain me, how to read this book :) and he promised to me that I'll read it when I become a little bit elder :)
But every time after that case I went to grandparents house - I was taking that big thin book and tried to understand the meaning :) Not very soon though but it happened, and since then I love to open time after time the book of a wonderful and witty artist Bidstrup and "read" it again and again...
So, in this section, I would like to show you his great caricatures:
"1942"
I hope you enjoy it! And let me know what do you think.
Elegantly yours,
Olya Nikol P.
*Click on the pic to enlarge it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Any reaction is better than nothing, I appreciate if you don't leave me with nothing:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...